We consider the sale of your home to be a top priority. It’s important that things are handled correctly right from the beginning. We offer a realistic, up front, and effective approach to selling your home. As your agents, we will handle all aspects of the sale. From setting the proper price, to the final closing, we are there every step of the way, and then some.
The Selling Procedure
Although there are many services that we implement throughout the process of selling your home, here is a short list of the more general steps.
- Hiring experienced agents
- We have been successfully marketing homes for 30 years. Your goals are what we set our sights on. We consider it an opportunity and an honor to represent you as your listing agents.
- Establish a game plan
- We will sit down together, exchange information, and develop a comprehensive plan for reaching your goals.
- Determining a value
- A critical step in the selling process is to determine the proper value. We will complete an analysis of the market as it pertains to your home. This analysis will conclude where the price needs to be in order to have a competitive advantage.
- Prepare your home
- As part of the selling process, you will need to make sure that your home is in tip top shape. We will offer suggestions as to what, if any, changes or improvements need to be made in order to eliminate any negative distractions to a buyer.
- Marketing your home
- We will make sure the public knows that your home is for sale by using innovative advertising and marketing techniques to attract potential buyers.
- You will be notified in advance when there is a requested showing on your home. This will give you time to get your home ready. After the showing, we will contact you with a showing report.
- Any prospect that would like to present us with an offer on your home will need to do so in writing. Once we receive this offer, we will meet with you to discuss it in detail.
- As often happens, there will be a need for us to negotiate with the prospect for better terms and conditions. As your agents, we utilize our experience and knowledge to reach the most favorable terms and conditions for you.
- Signed Agreement
- Once all parties have agreed and signed, we have a binding contract.
- Inspections, appraisal, mortgage commitment
- To help facilitate the transaction process, we are constantly communicating with all necessary parties to make sure contingencies are being dealt with properly.
- Preparing for closing
- After all contingencies have been met, it’s time to make final preparations. These include having the deed prepared, making moving arrangements, and contacting the utility companies.
- Move out
- Unless there is an agreement to do otherwise, the home will need to be vacant the day of closing.
- Close the transaction
- The key is exchanged for the money, and the deed is recorded at the county courthouse. That’s it!